So it was just this week that I heard about “The Signature Cocktail”. Where have I been and what rock have I been hiding under?! But hey, this is absolutely an easy special touch that you could add to your wedding.
If, like me, you’ve also been hiding under that little signature drink rock, you might be wondering what exactly this is. Well, to put it simply, it is a unique cocktail that is usually created from local ingredients and flavours, and can be fashioned to match your wedding theme and style.
Start by thinking of your own style and choice of alcoholic preference for your signature cocktail. Then consider what kind of glass it would go in. Add in some local, seasonal flavours and you’re onto a winner. To top it off you could also add quirky labels to each glass so that your guests remember what they’re celebrating.
Here are a few ideas to consider for your signature cocktail:
- If it’s a summer party, think of fresh fruit to pair with delicious herbs. Watermelon and strawberry with mint and basil is a good idea.
- Champagne and choice fruit accents. The fruit could be sliced, stewed or even kept whole to sink to the bottom of your flute.
- His and hers drinks could be a pretty pink drink for the ladies and a lovely golden something on the rocks for the gents.
- Mojitos, Martini’s and Margaritas are always a winner
- A big bowl of punch and funky jars
All this signature cocktail talk has got me thirsty!