Ooh, that fun time has arrived and you finally get to start making real plans for your special day. A wedding expo is a great place to start as you get to see many different types of wedding service providers in one spot, with nothing better to do than showcase their best wares to all of you lovely brides and grooms.
It’s easy to become overwhelmed, though, so we’ve put together the 10 best tips for making the most of your wedding expo adventure. Let the games begin!
- Wear something comfortable. Most expos are whole-day events and there will be many suppliers to visit. Make sure you are dressed in comfy clothes and shoes so that you make it the whole distance.
- Eat a good breakfast. Don’t let a rumbling belly put a damper on all of the fun you could be having.
- Get there early. Research at wedding expos worldwide shows that the best time to attend an expo is during the first three hours of it’s opening. Waking up early and heading out sure beats the midday crowds.
- Take along your A-team. Your spouse is probably your best bet but if they aren’t interested, make sure to invite someone from your wedding party who you know will help keep you focused on making the best choices of wedding suppliers.
- Create a unique wedding couple email address. Chances are you’re going to be filling in numerous forms in order for the exhibitors to get hold of you again. If you create a separate email address, you keep your primary inbox uncluttered. You also get to make sure everything you receive there is wedding related.
- Labels. That’s one powerful little word when it comes to wedding expos. You’re probably going to be giving your details out left, right and centre. Having labels printed with all of your details will save you a lot of time and effort when connecting with exhibitors.
- Get a goodie bag at the door. It’s always nice to get free stuff and this one can be very functional too. You get to keep all of the pamphlets and info safely in one place to review when you get home.
- Make notes and take photos. There’s going to be a lot to see so make sure you can remember it all later on.
- Talk to the exhibitors. In general, wedding suppliers love talking about their ideas for making your special day a dream come true. Speak about your plans, ask questions and make sure you get all of the info you need from suppliers you have an interest in.
- Enter the supplier competitions. Wedding suppliers are eager to please so they go out of their way to make you feel super special. By entering their competitions you already provide them with your info for keeping up to date with their latests specials and offers, and there’s a great possibility that you could win one of the important aspects of your wedding day for free.
The most important thing to remember when attending a wedding expo is to have fun.
On the 25th and 26th May 2019, your favourite online directory, I Hear Wedding Bells, will be at the East Rand Wedding Show at Emperors Palace. Make sure you pop around and say hi. See you there!